We’re seeking a full-time licensed veterinarian for our small animal clinic. Our new, 8,500 square foot state of the art facility is equipped with an Idexx lab, surgical center, full dental capabilities, radiographic imaging, and ultrasonography. We are located in Temple, Tx, home of Baylor Scott & White Hospital, the “Mayo Clinic of the South.” We specialize in advanced diagnostics and advanced surgeries with proprietary techniques (ACLs, bone pins and plates, GDVs, Ex-laps, spinal procedures (hemilaminectomies, etc.).
We are currently seeing approximately 200 clients per day and continuing to grow.
- Schedule: No weekend or night calls.
- Full benefits, competitive and negotiable salary, two weeks paid leave, IRA with 3% contribution, and membership in TVMA and AVMA.
- Starting salary: base and lucrative incentive or salary, negotiable.
- Sign-on bonus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Treat, and prevent an array of animal diseases and illnesses
- Conduct tests and observations to provide diagnoses
- Full in-house pharmacy
- Administer vaccines
- Perform operations and provide needed therapy
- Perform spay and neuter surgeries
- Communicate with clients to provide education and treatment plans
- Collaborate with veterinary assistants and other staff to provide state-of-the-art care
Temple, Texas is a wonderful, welcoming community to be a part of. With over 1200 MDs coming here because of Baylor Scott & White Hospital, we have a growing cultural city that is home to a wonderful school district with a great “Friday Night Light’s”, small-town feel. We have the Cultural Activities Center and the Temple Civic Theatre that are constantly enriching our city with the arts and theatre. With Austin (one hour) and Dallas (one and a half hours) right down the road in each direction, we are close enough to the “big cities” but far enough away to have an inviting environment and a low cost of living.
City of Temple Website
Bell County Website
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Passion for animals and an active interest in their health and wellbeing
- Knowledge of all veterinary best practices, and a desire to advance the field
- Excellent verbal communication skills to build rapport and adequately communicate with patients and staff
- Problem-solving capabilities with a willingness to tackle unique challenges
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to empathize with families
- Ability to manage time, prioritize, and thrive in an oftentimes fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Possession of a veterinary license and willingness to continually meet licensing requirements
- 1-3 years of veterinary experience in a clinic or animal hospital environment preferable, but seeking new grads as well
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org