We’re seeking a full-time licensed veterinarian for our small animal clinic. Our new, 8,500 square foot state of the art facility is equipped with an Idexx lab, surgical center, full dental capabilities, radiographic imaging, and ultrasonography. We are located in Temple, Tx, home of Baylor Scott & White Hospital, the “Mayo Clinic of the South.” We specialize in advanced diagnostics and advanced surgeries with proprietary techniques (ACLs, bone pins and plates, GDVs, Ex-laps, spinal procedures (hemilaminectomies, etc.).
- Schedule: One day off per week. No weekend or night calls.
- Full benefits, competitive and negotiable salary, two weeks paid leave, IRA with 3% contribution, and membership in TVMA and AVMA.
- Starting salary (VERY negotiable): after six months 10% of work earnings.
- Significant sign-on bonus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Treat, and prevent an array of animal diseases and illnesses
- Conduct tests and observations to provide a proper diagnoses
- Prescribe necessary medications
- Administer vaccines to prevent common diseases
- Perform operations and provide therapy or other treatments to heal animal injury
- Perform spay and neuter surgeries
- Communicate with animal owners to answer questions and educate them on situations and treatment plans
- Head out into the field to inspect and treat livestock and their living conditions when required
- Conduct research and development to advance the veterinary medicine field
- Collaborate with veterinary assistants and other staff to provide top-notch care to customers
Temple, Texas is a wonderful, welcoming community to be a part of. With over 1200 MDs coming here because of Baylor Scott & White Hospital, we have a growing cultural city that is home to a wonderful school district with a great “Friday Night Light’s”, small-town feel. We have the Cultural Activities Center and the Temple Civic Theatre that are constantly enriching our city with the arts and theatre. With Austin (60 miles) and Dallas (120 miles) right down the road in each direction, we are close enough to the “big cities” but far enough away to have an inviting environment and a low cost of living.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Passion for animals and an active interest in their health and wellbeing
- Knowledge of all veterinary best practices, and a desire to advance the field
- Excellent verbal communication skills to build rapport and adequately communicate with patients and staff
- Problem-solving capabilities with a willingness to tackle unique challenges
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to empathize with families
- Ability to manage time, prioritize, and thrive in an oftentimes fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree
- Possession of a veterinary license and willingness to continually meet licensing requirements
- 1-3 years of veterinary experience in a clinic or animal hospital environment
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org